Friday 29 March 2013

From a Frequent Blogger

Frequent blogger?

The District website announces that I blog frequently.
Evidently I am not managing to do so - or at least the frequency is about 4 times per year.
Why don't I blog?
It isn't because I don't value blogs, I read other people's blogs frequently (in the proper meaning of the word).
It isn't that I don't want to communicate. I do want to and I know that social media is effective, relevant and essential for a serious Christian communicator.
It isn't that I can't write - I do it all the time.

Why don't I blog more often?
Because I am a perfectionist.
I don't like to publish anything that is less than perfect and so blogging feels threatening. I know it will never be perfect. There is always more I can do to improve a post.
I would like to include fantastic photographs, beautiful poetry, and thought-provoking reflections on every occasion.

Perhaps, Good Friday afternoon is the time to recognise that I am not and never will be a perfect blogger - or a perfect human being.

But perhaps I could aim to be a frequent blogger.
Perhaps I could communicate better.
Perhaps I could take the risk.

Shall I press 'publish'?

No comments:

Post a Comment